Saturday, August 19, 2017

My Leadership Shelfie

If you're gonna talk the talk, you better walk the walk.

So I am following-up my last post #LeadersAreReaders with My Leadership Shelfie - I stole all of this inspiration from Beth Houf (her post, My Leadership Shelf UPDATED, linked).

What I'm Reading Now:
My office door shows what books I've read,
and lists what I'm currently reading

  • Empower: What Happens When Students Own Their Learning, by John Spencer
  • Lasting Impact, by Kostya Kennedy
What I'm Reading Next:
  • Benjamin Franklin: An American Life, by Walter Isaacson
  • Collaborative Leadership: Six Influences that Matter Most, by Peter DeWitt
  • Creativity Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces that Stand in the Way of True Inspiration, by Ed Catmull
  • Ditch that Textbook: Free Your Teaching and Revolutionize Your Classroom, by Matt Miller
  • Social LEADia: Moving Students from Digital Citizenship to Digital Leadership, by Jennifer Casa-Todd
  • Teach Like Finlad: 33 Simple Strategies for Joyful Classrooms, by Timothy Walker
  • Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln, by Doris Kearns Goodwin
  • Unselfie: Why Empathetic Kids Succeed in Our All-About-Me World, by Michele Borba
What I've Recently Finished Reading (over the course of the summer):
  • Uncommon Learning, by Eric Sheninger
  • Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable, by Tim Grover
  • March: Book One, by John Lewis
  • A Long Walk to Water, by Linda Sue Park
  • Creative Schools: The Grassroots Revolution that's Transforming Education, by Ken Robinson
  • My Cubs: A Love Story, by Scott Simon
  • The Wild Robot, by Peter Brown
  • Starting a Movement: Building Culture from the Inside Out in Professional Learning Communities, by Ken Williams
  • Wonder, by R.J. Palacio
What's in My Cart at Amazon:
  • Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood, by Trevor Noah
  • The Kickstart Guide to Making GREAT Makerspaces, by Laura Fleming
  • Lead Like a PIRATE: Make School Amazing for Your Students and Staff, by Shelley Burgess and Beth Houf
  • The Quarterback Whisperer: How to Build an Elite NFL Quarterback, by Bruce Arians
A collection of (most of) my favorite professional books that I've read. 
Read. Inspire Learning.

#LeadersAreReaders and Readers are Leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate