Friday, November 15, 2019

#MyChicagoMarathon No. 27

Last month, I ran the Chicago Marathon. Below are some photos from that weekend. And linked (via Wakelet) are all of the posts that I've written to document my journey of preparing for and running the Chicago MarathonTHANKS for following along; I am thankful for everyone's support.

Packet pick-up with Ryne.
The thought of running 26.2 miles when I was his age was incomprehensible.
Being fearless is a myth; being able to confront your fears is admirable.
Found a little time for Olivia to enjoy lunch at American Girl.

On the way to the starting line.
My Why.

My support crew.
Thankful that they were able to spot me (and I was able to spot them) around mile 13!

The other half of my support crew. 
I met my goal. Sub 4:00:00 marathon!


After the race; don't let the smile fool you. I'm struggling.




I didn't win. But I came in 14,818th place.
That's good for a finish in the top third of the field!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate