Saturday, October 12, 2019

#MyChicagoMarathon No. 26

Tomorrow, I'm running the Chicago Marathon for charity. Specifically, I'm running the Chicago Marathon for Action for Healthy Kids. I've been reflecting and writing about my process for deciding to run a marathon, training for a marathon, etc. Linked is the Wakelet where all of my blogs are curated.

THANKS for following my journey; I am thankful for everyone's support.

I just wanted to use this platform to state my thanks to some specific people and groups of people for preparing me to complete this accomplishment of running 26.2 miles.

Thanks, Amy; I couldn't have done this without you. So I wrote an entire post, #MyChicagoMarathon No. 11, dedicated to my thanks for you.

Thanks, Ryne and Olivia; your my biggest inspiration for doing this.

Thanks, Mom and Dad; explicitly or in-explicitly, the way that each of you raised me has resulted in the character and the values that I exhibit as an adult and allowed me to take-on this challenge.

Thanks, West Branch Football; you, too, helped shape my character and my values...see #MyChicagoMarathon No. 15

Thanks, Mike Humpal; Humpal Chiropractic helped keep my back and my entire body feeling good and ready to go.

Thanks, Van Allen Elementary; the love that I felt from students, staff, and parents throughout this week was unimaginable. It was an amazing feeling to hear all of the words, see all of the signage around our school (see below), and the tunnel...it was great, too! I am thankful to be your leader.

Thanks, Garrett; you invited me to join you for the 'Thorsday' group runs around Lake Macbride. I felt like those runs have been a turning point in re. to my mindset for not just running the marathon, but how I want to run (and finish) the marathon.

Thanks, to my entire Personal Learning Network (PLN); through Voxer, and Twitter, and text, and an occasional face-to-face meeting, you inspire me do and be more. You inspire me to be a better leader, and a better person. You help me to be okay with taking care of myself, first, so that I can take care of others. #FitLeaders, #RunLAP, #BalanceLAP, #JoyfulLeaders, all of you!

Thanks, Action for Healthy Kids; you allowed me to gain entry into the Chicago Marathon, and I got to raise money for an amazing organization.

Thanks, everyone who donated to my cause; it was an amazing feeling to get an email notifying me that various people had made a donation. Knowing that you made an effort to help me is overwhelming in the best possible way. I'm blessed for all of the support that I received. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate