Sunday, September 22, 2019

#MyChicagoMarathon No. 20

This is the 20th #MyChicagoMarathon post that I've written.
(Linked is the Wakelet where I've housed all of the previous posts)

This morning, I ran 20 miles.

Three weeks from today, is the 2019 Chicago Marathon.

I've been practicing, "officially," for the marathon since the end of May. There have been days when it's been hot and humid, and days when it's rained. I've had to work around vacation and travel schedules, which hasn't always been ideal, in-order to get in all of my miles. Some days and runs were hard; nonetheless, I've done them all.

And now for the next three weeks I'll taper my training in preparation for the race. What's left is the equivalent to practices in shells and a couple of walkthroughs. The hard part is over. In a previous post, I quoted Alex Hutchinson from his book, Endure, "Training is the cake. Believing is the icing." That may be true, but I think that "Training is the cake. Racing is the icing," might be a better fit for the idiom.


I'm running the Chicago Marathon for charity. Specifically, I'm running the Chicago Marathon for Action for Healthy Kids. I encourage you to visit my fundraising page (linked), and if you are able/willing donate (I'm so close, I'm under $100 from my goal!); THANKS for considering, and THANKS to ALL who have already donated!).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate