Saturday, October 5, 2019

#MyChicagoMarathon No. 22

This month, I'm running the Chicago Marathon for charity. Specifically, I'm running the Chicago Marathon for Action for Healthy Kids. I've been reflecting and writing about my process for deciding to run a marathon, training for a marathon, etc. Linked is the Wakelet where all of my blogs are curated.

THANKS for following my journey; I am thankful for everyone's support.

Training for this marathon has been much more than just an exercise for my physical fitness. It has been an amazing learning journey that I've engaged-in with myself. And my biggest revelation is that training for (and running) a marathon is more mental than it is physical. Yes, there are some physical prerequisites in-order to prepare for and run a marathon. But I believe that the mental barrier is the bigger challenge. Being able to turn-down your inner-voice that wants to tell your body to quit and go do something less challenging and less stressful is a real beast to tame. Being able to tune-out this message when it's just you, your thoughts, and the road for multiple hours is the real challenge of the marathon.

This is a mantra that I've used during my marathon training that has helped me push farther than I previously thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate