Tuesday, October 8, 2019

#MyChicagoMarathon No. 24

This week, I'm running the Chicago Marathon for charity. Specifically, I'm running the Chicago Marathon for Action for Healthy Kids. I've been reflecting and writing about my process for deciding to run a marathon, training for a marathon, etc. Linked is the Wakelet where all of my blogs are curated.

THANKS for following my journey; I am thankful for everyone's support.

There are a lot of benefits from running a marathon. For me, what is the one benefit that I'm seeking more than any other? I want to be able to show (not just tell) my kids that they can do anything. I want to be able to show them that they can do anything regardless of how challenging and overwhelming it may seem. I want to be able to show them that through commitment and perseverance they can do hard things. It's possible, any of it, all of it.

So I'm super thankful that they're old enough to comprehend that I wake-up before the sun five days a week to run, regardless of the weather. I'm super thankful that they comprehend that once a week I've been gone for quite a long time, recently, on my long runs. And I'm thankful that they'll be in Chicago to see how big of a deal this marathon is. They'll see me struggling, but then they'll also see me finishing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate