Thursday, December 24, 2020

Ten Days, Ten Things No.3

My daughter, Olivia, started playing softball.

I don't think that I've ever pushed either of my children to do something that they don't want to do. I've tried to allow them opportunities to do what they've wanted to do. Ryne has been consistently involved in football, basketball, and baseball camps, lessons, and leagues from an early age. I believe that he loves it.

His sister, Olivia, has spent many nights and weekends attending his games and cheering him on. She has done soccer, gymnastics, and dance in the past, but never seemed to become fully invested in any of those activities. This past summer, however, she decided that she wanted to play tee-ball. It's fun to think about how watching her brother in some way has inspired her to get involved.

The condensed tee-ball season went well, and she seemed to really enjoy it. Next thing you know, she's joining an 8U softball club and playing fall ball.

It is no secret that I love sports. And I believe that participation in sports is the ideal platform to build character. So needless to say, I am pleased to see Olivia eager to play softball.

*Bonus: in 2021, she plans to start playing rec league basketball.

Family photo after Olivia's first softball tournament.

This is the third of ten days where I'm going to share one positive experience that I've had over the course of the year (2020). This year has been hard, no doubt, but it hasn't all been gloom and doom. There have been highlights. And when you are looking for positives, you start to find more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate