Monday, December 28, 2020

Ten Days, Ten Things No.7

Travel?

Traveling with my family is one of the things that I love the most. When I first started brainstorming this list of things, travel was going to qualify only for the potential of a big trip being on the horizon in 2021. Upon further review, we've been able to travel in 2020. In a year when we've been living through a global pandemic, we've been able to travel. 

Last January, we spent a long weekend in Florida visiting family and going to Universal Studios. That seems like such a long time ago; a lifetime ago. Then, over spring break, we took another trip to visit my brother in Seattle. Unfortunately, we ended up being pretty limited in regards to what we could do while we were there as COVID concern amplified at a rapid rate.

We managed trips to both Florida and Seattle in 2020. That's both coasts. We're blessed; I'm aware, and I'm thankful.

*Bonus: we also took trips to Decorah where we spent time hiking, canoeing, and biking, and Des Moines for my son's baseball team's state tournament.

This is the seventh of ten days where I'm going to share one positive experience that I've had over the course of the year (2020). This year has been hard, no doubt, but it hasn't all been gloom and doom. There have been highlights. And when you are looking for positives, you start to find more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate